Technical workshop: Motion MEMS and environmental sensors for industrial applications
Please join CENSIS, Anglia and STMicroelectronics for a free, engineering workshop on motion MEMS and environmental sensors for industrial applications that includes a with practical hands-on session; another in a series of seminars from CENSIS. The event is free to attend, with refreshments and lunch provided.
CENSIS helps companies overcome the challenges they face around the development of sensing, imaging and IoT products and services. In addition to a demonstration area and project development space, we offer regular technology seminars with high profile vendors to provide advice and guidance on how best to use their products to generate greater business efficiencies.
Who should attend?
- Developers looking for a fast start-up on implementing MEMS & Sensors in their application
- Engineers looking to easily get started with the SensorTile.box development kit and related software packages
- System integrators and cloud developers leveraging on a complete ecosystem system solution
From accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers to temperature, humidity and pressure sensors , ST offers a wide range of motion and environmental sensors to best fit your application needs. This training will also provide you with an opportunity to learn about ST’s components (Microcontrollers, analog, Bluetooth and power management devices) which can be integrated in MEMS and sensor applications.
- Understand ST’s industrial, consumer and automotive-grade product families and their embedded features including Finite State Machine and Machine Learning Core
- Know how to use the SensorTile.box development kit
- Practical experience to know how to quickly start developing your own application
- Understand how to use ST software packages and smartphone apps (ST BLE Sensor) related to the Sensortile.box
ST offers a wide range of MEMS and sensors covering a full spectrum of applications from low-power devices for IoT and battery-operated applications, to high-end devices for accurate navigation and positioning, the Industry 4.0, augmented virtual reality and smartphones.
ST provides a complete range of products suitable for Industry 4.0 which can be applied for early failure detection and predictive maintenance systems where vibration, temperature, pressure, sound and acoustics analysis are needed.
ST’s 10 year-longevity program also covers industrial and automotive-grade devices as well as components for fitness and medical applications.
The SensorTile.Box (STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1) is a wireless multi-sensor development kit to help you use and develop apps based on remote motion and environmental sensor data, regardless of your expertise.
Every attendee will be able to takeaway a SensorTile.Box to continue evaluation.
|09:00 – 09:30||Registration and system check for pre-installed tools|
|09:30 – 10:30||– Motion MEMS & Environmental sensors|
– Analog, RF and Power Management for system solutions
|10:30 – 10:45||Break|
|10:45 – 12:30||Hands-on part 1|
– Get started with the wireless SensorTile.box kit
– Pre-defined functions and custom applications over BLE
|12:30 – 13:00||Lunch|
|13:00 – 14:00||– Embedded digital features, Machine Learning Core and Finite State Machine|
– HW and SW tools support
|14:00 – 14:15||Break|
|14:15 – 16:15||Hands-on part 2|
– Advanced use-cases and programming on the SensorTile.box
– Unicleo-GUI, Machine Learning Core, Finite State Machine
– Free-of-charge SW libraries for MEMS applications
– SensorTile.box and cloud ecosystem
Apply to join us
Places for this event are limited to 10 delegates. To apply please email us with your details – we’ll need your name, job title and organisation and a couple of sentences about why you are interested in this workshop.
Please note that because of the limited number of places, we’ll have to give priority to engineers with experience or a proven interest in this space.