The IoT Glasgow Meetups aim to crystallise entrepreneurial activity in the
area of internet enabled communications – often called M2M, sometimes IoT and sometimes remote sensing – but generally relating to gathering data, transmitting it into the cloud and doing stuff with it.
It is an informal evening of presentations, discussions and networking – fuelled with free pizza and beer – to help connect people and enlighten us all to new trends, technologies, partnerships and opportunities.
The Meetup in October 2016 was held in the Tontine Building and welcomed speakers from Vodafone, Burness Paull LLP, Waracle and Stream Technologies.
Sponsors of the IoT Glasgow Meetup are Vodafone, CENSIS, Stream Technologies and the venue, Tontine.
- 6:00 – Networking, pizza and drinks
- 6:30 – Welcome
- 6.40 – Screenmedia – Digital platforms for IoT – Presentation and Q&A
- 7.00 – ‘Lightning talks’ – an opportunity for any member to stand up and talk. This can be to promote your company, your interest, product development or challenges in and around IoT & M2M
- 7.15 – Afimilk Silent Herdsman – IoT in farming -Presentation and Q&A
- 7.35 – TBC presentation and Q&A
- 8:30 -Wrap up by Brian Martin, Vodafone and further drinks
Speak at the Meet
Are you interested in speaking at one of the IoT Meetups?
Presentation slots range from five-minute ‘lightning talk’ opportunities to promote your company, product, interests or challenges in and around the IoT and M2M space; through to longer presentations of 20 minutes or more for wider thought leadership pieces on IoT topics and technologies.
Anyone interested in securing a spot should contact Stephen Milne, CENSIS Business Development Manager or call 0141 330 3876 for an informal chat.