NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
Scottish Insight Institute, University of Strathclyde
Collins Building, Richmond Street, Glasgow G1 1XQ
29 January 2014, 12.00-4.30pm
Background & Call
The Technology Strategy Board will be investing up to to £1.25m in feasibility studies for collaborative projects focusing on bringing emerging imaging technologies closer to commercial use.
This competition opens on 3 February 2014, and the deadline for applications is noon on 2 April 2014.
To support this call, ESP KTN, in partnership with CENSIS, SOA, SU2P and SUPA, is holding a technology brokering event around imaging systems and applications. Please join us for this free, half-day workshop that will provide:
- Information about the new TSB funding call which opens on Feb 2014
- An opportunity to identify potential collaborators for your project.
- 12.00 Registration and Networking Lunch
- 12.45 ESP KTN Welcome, Dr Anke Lohmann
- 12.50 “Introduction to CENSIS, the Innovation Centre for Sensor and Imaging Systems”, Dr Mark Begbie
- 13.00 Steve Marshall, University of Strathclyde
- 13.20 “Consumer Imaging Technology Evolution: past 20 years and a look into the crystal ball”, Lindsay Grant, ST Microelectronics, Edinburgh
- 13.50 Pitches
- 14.15 Refreshments
- 14.45 Introduction to the TSB call, Myrddin Jones, Technology Strategy Board
- 15.30 Call Q&A session
- 15.45 Refreshments and networking
- 16.00 Tour of facilities (TBC)
- 16.45 End
For further details, and to register for the event, please visit the ESP KTN Eventbrite page.