NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
Kelvin Conference Centre, University of Glasgow G20 8QQ
25 Sept 2014, 8.30am-4.30pm
Are you interested in imaging or optical design?
If you have interests in optical design, you are a researcher, you are an expert user of optical devices, or a manufacturer of optical devices this event will be highly useful to attend. You will be taken through design research in the field of optical devices. Presenters will include university researchers, consultants and industry professionals.
Researchers from around the world will provide knowledge within the field of optical design, uncovering issues they have faced whilst designing optical devices. You will explore with them the challenges that they have had when questioning current thinking in the field of optical design. You will get the chance to find out how a freeform three-mirror imaging telescope was prototyped ready for production in the USA, you will understand the limits to lens design, you will see computational imaging, lens transmission, lightpipe design and layered polymeric GRIN lenses and their benefits. You will meet researchers with cutting edge knowledge about optical design and have the opportunity to network with them and discuss their research.
The 2014 UK Optical Design Meeting (UKODM) will be held at University of Glasgow’s, Kelvin Conference Centre. Optical design professionals, students and other interested persons are invited to attend.
University of Glasgow is providing meeting facilities at a discounted rate for the 2014 UKODM. Synopsys Optical Solutions Group is sponsoring catering services to include lunch and coffee break refreshments.
- Tina E.Kidger, Proprietor, Kidger Optics Associates
- Andy Wood, Qioptic Ltd
- Jannick P Rolland, The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester, USA
- Kevin P Thompson, Synopsys, Inc., USA
- Iain Neil, ScotOptix, Switzerland
- Andy R Harvey, SUPA, School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Glasgow, UK
- Ana Manzanares, Greenlight Solutions SL, Spain
- Stefan Hild, SUPA, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Glasgow, UK
- Jan Verplancke, Umicore, Electro-Optic Materials, Belgium
- Pawel Murzyn, Visteon, UK
- Andrew Boyd, Qioptiq, UK
- Carmen Pastor, Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aerospacial (INTA), Spain
- Ralf Biertuempfel, Schott, Germany
Please refer to the organiser information for information about papers, speakers and plenary.
Please complete the registration form and submit your registration fee per the instructions on the form at your earliest convenience.