NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
IET Teacher Building, St Enoch Square, Glasgow G1 4DB
7 October 2014
9.30am – 5.00pm
About the Event
Please join CENSIS for our first technical summit.
The event is for you if you are an academic researcher or industrialist in the sensor and imaging systems (SIS) supply chain, and if you rely on innovation within your organisation to grow your business. The event will maximise your knowledge about current applied research and industry R&D, covering new and likely future topics within SIS, and the challenges this presents in terms of technology requirements.
The event covers all element of the sensor systems stack, including sensing and measuring, the physical phenomena used in sensor elements and electronics, networking and communications, data storage, data analysis and visualisation.
We will introduce you to our five Special Interest Groups (Spokes) and provide you with more information on our current projects, state-of-the-art developed university research. Presentations:
- CENSIS Spokes Overview
- Advanced Data Analysis and Visualisation
- Signal Processing, Communications and Networking
- Remote and Distributed Systems
- Imaging and Optics
- Advanced Devices and Fabrication
The event will allow you to explore the Spokes and it is likely to be highly thought provoking due to the range of speakers coming to the event from both industry and applied university research and consultancy. You will find out more about stratified research and our Spokes. You can become involved in our Spokes if you aren’t already and attend special interest groups.
Who Should Attend?
The event is free and will be of particular interest to:
- Companies and organisations of any size involved in sensor and imaging systems, covering all element of the sensor systems stack.
- Companies or organisations that may need to use, or are interested in accessing, SIS technology to improve or grow their business.
- Academic researchers from Scottish HEIs , and knowledge exchange/business development staff working in Scottish HEIs.
|Lower SIS Stack: Presentations from HEIs and industry (incl. Q&A)||09.40-10.40|
|CENSIS Spokes:Presentations from each Interim Spoke ChairMiddle Stack Presentations||11.00-12.0012.00-13.00|
|Introductions from Chair||14.00-14.05|
|Guest Speaker: Graham Philp, Gambica||14.05-14.30|
|Upper Stack: Presentations from HEIs and industry with questions to follow||14.30-15.30|
|Networking and drinks reception||15.40-17.00|
This event is now closed. Please follow the links above for presentations given on the day.