NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
Inovo Building, 121 George Street
Glasgow G1 1RD
CENSIS Spokes are thematic areas of importance to sensor and imaging systems. There are five Spoke themes, developed in areas where there is a potentially good industry engagement coupled with a strong academic base, and where there are clear challenges and opportunities for CENSIS to bring all parties together.
The primary output of each Spoke is to provide a technical steer to the CENSIS Hub, by identifying a longer-term strategic roadmap CENSIS will invest in. Spokes will also take a role in foresighting, opportunity identification, and coordinating industry-HEI partnerships in their field.
Membership is open to technology developers from industry or the public sector, as well as academic researchers with an interest in creating new academic-industry collaborations.
For an overview of the aims and objectives of each of the Spokes, you can view the presentations that were given at the CENSIS Technical Summit on 7 October.
The first meetings of each of the Spokes take place throughout November 2014. We expect each of these meetings to have representation from academic researchers and industry. Please contact CENSIS if you are interested in attending. All workshops will be held at CENSIS’ offices at 121 George Street, Glasgow G1 1RD.
Spoke 1: Advanced Data Analysis and Visualisation
- 4 November, 1.00-5.00pm
- Chair: Prof Marian Scott (University of Glasgow)
Spoke 2: Imaging and Optics
- 10 November, 9.00am-1.30pm
- Chairs: John Innes (SELEX ES), Jano van Hemert (Optos)
Spoke 3: Remote and Distributed Systems
- 18 November, 9.00am-1.30pm
- Chairs: Dr Tracy Shimmield (SAMS UHI), Prof Ivan Andonovic (University of Strathclyde)
Spoke 4: Signal Processing, Communications and Networking
- 18 November, 1.00pm-5.00pm
- Chair: Prof Steve McLaughlin (Heriot-Watt University)
Spoke 5: Advances Devices and Fabrication
- 19 November, 9.00am-1.30pm
- Chairs: Prof David Cumming (University of Glasgow), Calum MacGregor (Gas Sensing Solutions Ltd.)