Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh (RCPE), Queen Street, EH2 1JQ
1 October 2015, 10.30am – 5.00pm
- Registration, coffee and networking from 9.00am
- Event runs 10.30am-5.00pm
- Networking and coffee continues 5.00-7.00pm
Please join CENSIS for a day of networking, discussion, exhibition and debate at our second annual Technology Summit and Conference, an official Venturefest Scotland taster event.
The event is fully booked, but please join our waiting list and we will let you know if a place becomes available.
The event is for you if you are an academic researcher or industrialist in the sensor and imaging systems (SIS) supply chain, and if you rely on innovation within your organisation to grow your business. Our Technology Summit event will maximise your knowledge about current applied research and industry R&D and the challenges this presents in terms of technology requirements.
This year the summit will focus on three technical themes, with speakers from academia and industry discussing:
- Integrated Systems Asset Management
This session looks at emerging sensor technologies utilised for asset condition monitoring and health management and includes novel sensor technologies for measurement or remote survey of assets or infrastructure within the built or natural environment.
Chairing the session will be Dr Octavian Niculita of Glasgow Caledonian University. The confirmed speakers are:
- Internet of Things
The Internet of Things offers the promise of greater sensor integration enabling more autonomous sensing, decision-making and therefore more effective use of limited resources. This session explores trends for IoT based systems and challenges and technologies used to overcome these.Chairing this session is Dr Maurizio Pilu from the Digital Catapult, the national centre to accelerate the UK’s best digital ideas to market to create new products, services, jobs and value for the UK.The speakers will be:
- Image Processing
Lower cost and increasing camera performance combined with increased bandwidth and data storage has/is resulting in broader adoption of imaging as a core sensing technology. The latest image processing techniques from a variety of application sectors will be discussed, along with how image processing techniques can be applied across market and technical domains.The Chair of this session is Prof Dave Wyper, Director of SINAPSE, a six-university consortium specialising in medical imaging in Scotland.Our speakers will be:
- Prof Stephen McKenna, University of Dundee, whose research interests cover computer vision, pattern recognition and machine learning methods.
- Ritchie Logan from Odos Imaging, an award winning company specialising in vision systems for the capture of high-resolution 3D images, using time-of-flight technology.
- Nigel Douglas of Global Surface Intelligence, a data services company, providing machine learning, predictive analytics on large and complex data sets (or big data).
This year we are pleased to announce a limited number of free of charge exhibition places for companies and research groups connected to one of the three technical themes being addressed on the day. To apply for one of these places, please contact Siân Williams for an initial discussion.
Who Should Attend?
- The event is free and will be of particular interest to:
- Companies and organisations of any size involved in sensor and imaging systems, covering all elements of the sensor systems stack.
- Companies or organisations that may need to use, or are interested in accessing, SIS technology to improve or grow their business.
- Academic researchers from Scottish HEIs, and knowledge exchange/business development staff working in Scottish HEIs.
Please visit our Eventbrite page to register to attend.