NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
Driving innovation in Scottish agri-food
Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh EH28 8NB
CENSIS will be exhibiting and speaking at this event organised by Agrimetrics, the world’s first Big Data Centre of Excellence for the agri-food industry.
Aimed at farmers, producers, processors and executives in the agri-food sector, as well as retailers, policy makers and intermediaries working directly with industry in Scotland, the event will showcase the latest developments in Scottish agri-food innovation. This is a chance to meet the new Agri-Tech centres, learn who the knowledge providers are and understand the support available for innovation.
- Professor Louise Heathwaite, Chief Scientific Adviser for Rural Affairs and Environment (CSA RAE) to the Scottish Government
- Former NFUS President Nigel Miller
- Graham Young, Industry Development Director from Scotland Food and Drink
- Graeme Cook, Director of the Centre for Knowledge Exchange and Impact
Find out more about the four new Agri-Tech Centres of Innovation in Agriculture. Hear case studies in the areas of Farms of the Future; Food Safety and Security; and Innovation, including
- Use of wireless IoT networks to deliver value for precision agriculture
- (CENSIS presentation on the LoRA IoT network)
- Dynamic models to enhance disease control in aquaculture
- Precision livestock farming
- Satellite data for grassland agriculture
- The development of industrial biotechnology in Scotland
- Waste valorisation and product innovation for growth
For full details and to register, visit Agrimetrics’ Eventbrite page.