NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
CENSIS, Inovo Building, 121 George Street, Glasgow G1 1RD
We have limited places on this workshop delivered by M2M Cloud. Designing and implementing the architecture for an IoT solution can be a daunting challenge. M2M Cloud will explore the architecture of solutions for the IoT utilising the services of Microsoft Azure platform. They will look at how to account for increasing demand and scale which allows a solution to grow from proof of concept to production ready deployment. The session will cover key ingestion, storage and processing technologies.
Who should Attend?
These workshops are aimed at software engineers, software architects and technology decision makers working within the IoT space who are interested in developing IoT back-end solutions for Microsoft Azure. The sessions will include a broad introduction into Microsoft IoT resources and services and will allow attendees to get hands-on and deploy and monitor a small IoT Solution.
Regrettably the workshop is not suitable for current undergraduates or new graduates/students who do not hold the minimum level of software design experience.
09.45 Registration and coffee
10.00 Introduction to the day
10.15 Overview of Azure IoT Technology and Deploying IoT Solutions to Azure
11.45 Data Ingestion: IoT Hub, Data Movement, Archiving
13.45 Processing: Serverless processing and Storage options
14.45 Wrap up, final Q&A, close
You will need to bring your own laptop on the day. To participate in the hands on sections, you will also need the following:
- Administrative access to an Azure subscription
- Sign up for a free trial, create a pay-as-you-go subscription or use an existing subscription. See https://azure.com for information
- Visual Studio 2017 Community (or higher) v15.4 for Windows with the Azure Workload installed.
- Visual Studio Community is available free at https://visualstudio.com
- Azure Device Explorer
- Can be installed via http://bit.ly/2gkWiiU
Apply to join us
We have only 8 places for this event and we expect there will be a lot of interest.
To register your interest, email us and provide the following information:
- Tell us you would like to attend the IoT Architecture workshop on 9 November
- Name, email and telephone number
- Job title and current employer
- Please let us know in a couple of sentences why you are interested in this workshop
The deadline for applying is Friday 27 October and we will let you know the outcome of your application by Tuesday 31 October.
Please note that because of the limited number of places, we’ll have to give priority to those with experience or a proven interest in this area.
This is a joint event from CENSIS and M2M Cloud and your application information may be shared with both organisations.
Please email email@example.com