NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
The Studio, 67 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 6AE
08:30 – 16:00
About the Event
Sensors are already used commonly in our day-to-day life by numerous electronic devices and machines, however advancing technology have meant that sensor technology and usage is rapidly growing.
Brought to you by the Emerging Technologies and Industries team at the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), the showcase will highlight new sensor technologies from UK universities and their spinout companies. Exhibitors will demonstrate their emerging sensor technologies, explain their uses and how they may be used in potential applications.
The event aims to bring together manufacturers, sensing technology providers, new technology developers, and other relevant stakeholders including innovation funders, to network, share knowledge, stimulate new ideas, develop collaborations and partnerships, and promote innovation development in sensing technologies in the UK.
- Novel flexible pressure sensor: Heriot-Watt University / University of Edinburgh
- Alpha flex – flexible silicon-based sensor for detection of charged particles: University of York
- Graphene-based allergen sensor for food production applications: Prognomics
- High temperature, fit and forget ultrasound sensor: Novosound
- SkyLine2D – in-field monitoring of greenhouse gas emission: Skyline
- Small molecule biosensor: Camena Bioscience
- Biomolecular interaction spectroscopy: Linear Diagnostics
Meet staff from CENSIS on the day to find out what we can to support sensor-based start-ups.
Visit the KTN webpage for more information on the event and to register.