CENSIS 5th Technology Summit: Registration now open
NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
8 November 2018, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, 9:00am-5:00pm
- View the agenda
- See who exhibited
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Register for the Electric Imp masterclass on 9 November 2018
Register now for our fifth Technology Summit, and explore with us the latest developments in sensing, imaging and the Internet of Things. Save the date and join us for a day of exhibition, discussion and debate.
Our Chair for the day is Melinda Matthews-Clarkson, CEO, CodeClan.
- Keynote:Hugo Fiennes, CEO of Electric Imp
- Opening address: Ivan McKee MSP, Minister for Trade, Investment and Innovation
Other presentations from:
- Advanced manufacturing and Industry 4.0 specialists Bosch Rexroth
- Worldwide forensics expert Prof Niamh Nic Daeid
- Head of Strategy at Meridian, the gateway to self-driving vehicle development in the UK
- A Deputy Director of the National Cyber Security Centre, part of GCHQ
- How Scottish SME Machines with Vision‘s technology is enhancing rail, robotics and autonomous vehicles.
- Safehinge‘s project journey with CENSIS, and the award-winning ‘smart’ product it created
- The Sellafield Game Changers, and the opportunities for companies from any market sector to get in to this space
- An IoT hardware security test framework from Napier University and Keysight Technologies
- Scottish SME Replicade‘s IoT solution to a CivTech public sector challenge
What to expect
Delegate feedback from 2017:
- ‘I was impressed with the agenda and quality of topics. It was great to see such a dynamic technical industry in Scotland.’ Barry Connor, Thales UK
- ‘The quality of people approaching our stand was top notch. CENSIS is getting it right with IoT.’ Scott Wallace, Smart Compliance
- ‘It was a great day and we were able to make contact with people that we wouldn’t ordinarily get the chance to meet.’ John Ashley, FUELlink
- ‘Another fantastic show. The mix of attendees was once again of a very high standard as well as a higher footfall.’ Derek Stirling, Anglia
Who should attend
You’ll get the most from the day if you are:
- A company or organisation involved in imaging, sensor systems and/or IoT
- A company or organisation that needs to use, or you’re interested in accessing, sensing or IoT to improve or grow your business.
- An academic researcher or doctoral/postdoc researcher
- Working in knowledge exchange or business development staff working in universities. The Summit is not aimed at university undergraduates.
Registration is open on Eventbrite. CENSIS Technology Summit is free to attend, however a £99 + VAT charge may be levied should you fail to attend on the day and not notify the organisers. Cancellations should be confirmed in writing by 5:00pm on 1 November 2018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibition Space (SOLD OUT)
Applications are open for our Exhibition Zone, designed for companies or university research groups with products, services or near to market technologies to showcase that fit with this year’s theme.
Promote your brand and ensure your company is seen in front of industry influencers and policy decision makers.
Thank you to our sponsors: