In partnership with Gemalto and Anglia
CENSIS, Inovo Building, 121 George Street, Glasgow G1 1RD
09.30 – 15:30
The IoT Centre at CENSIS helps companies overcome product development challenges to fast-track the creation of IoT products and services. In addition to a demonstration area and project development space, we offer regular seminars with high profile vendors to provide advice and guidance on how best to use their products to generate greater business efficiencies.
The workshop is free to attend, and refreshments and lunch are included.
Who Should Attend?
The workshop is based around practical, hands-on sessions and is aimed at hardware and software engineers working on IoT applications. Regrettably the workshop is not suitable for current undergraduates or new graduates.
This event gives participants a technical jump-start with the Gemalto range of cellular modules and terminals, along with module services, which are embedded onto the products.
The day will include hands on exercise demonstrating the ease of use and flexibility of the on-board features such a security and lifetime management.
Participants will leave with a working knowledge and resources to start their own application development based on the Gemalto cellular modules or terminals.
Training materials will be provided. Attendees are requested to bring laptops. No pre-loaded software will be needed. Delegates will get to keep a Gemalto cellular terminal or development kit.
- 09:30 – Coffee, registration and welcome
- 10:00 – Partner introduction
- Gemalto introduction
- Gemalto hardware overview and features including LTE, NB-IoT, CAT-M
- Module services overview
- 11.00 – Anglia introduction
- 11.15 – Gemalto Cellular and RFID demonstration
- 12.00 – Gemalto Shield development kit demonstration
- 12:30 – Lunch and optional tour of the IoT Demo Centre
- 13:30 – Life Cycle Management
- 14:15 – Securing the IoT, building a foundation of trust
- 15:00 – Q&A and close
Apply to join us
Places for this event are limited to 12 delegates. To register your interest, please email us and provide the following information:
- Name, email and telephone number
- Job title and current employer
- Please let us know in a couple of sentences why you are interested in this workshop
Please note that because of the limited number of places, we’ll have to give priority to engineers with experience or a proven interest in this area.