23-27 March 2020
CENSIS understand that a lot of organisations we work with are looking for ways to support efforts to combat COVID-19.
Here is a round up of the opportunities, calls and initiatives spotted week beginning 23 March week, and where applications from companies are welcomed.
- Techforce19: Supporting the elderly, vulnerable, and self-isolating. Apply now, up to £25k per project (focusing on either remote social care, optimising staffing care and volunteers, mental health)
- CoronaHack – AI vs #Covid19 (Data & AI): A hackathon to accelerate approaches to monitoring, diagnosing and controlling #coronavirus, 18-19 April
- COVID Accelerator: What can you build in 2 weeks that scales and saves lives? Brings together people and ideas with resources. Join doctors, engineers + designers. No tech background? Not a problem. No closing date.
- Call for rapid sanitising technology for ambulances. Closes 1 April. Funded via SBRI.
- Space in response to #COVID19 outbreak. Closes 20 April. Funding type: Grant/SBRI. Announcement of Opportunity (AO) inviting companies to submit their ideas for deploying and demonstrating services to respond to the emergency that Europe, and especially Italy, is facing because of the spreading of the coronavirus.
- Development of therapeutics and diagnostics combatting #coronavirus infections. Closes 31 March. Funding type: Grant. Scheme Value: £45m
- #COVID19 Accelerating Therapeutics. Closes 31 March. Funding type: Grant. Scheme Value: $125m. An initiative from Wellcome, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Mastercard to speed the development of and access to therapies for COVID-19.
- LifeArc Research Fund #COVID19 (Therapeutics). Closes 6 April. Funding type: Grant. Scheme Value: £10m. We have committed funding for drug development projects that address the COVID-19 pandemic.