NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
Put the kettle on and join CENSIS for a catch up over a virtual coffee and connect with other companies, researchers and stakeholders working in the same space.
Led by CENSIS Business Development Director Michael Fletcher and Business Development Manager Cade Wells, this coffee break will look how IoT can support the brewing and distilling industries. From multinational companies to small batch producers of craft beer or sprits, brewers and distillers are beginning to recognise the benefits of IoT to not only manage their manufacturing processes, but also comply with regulations, create stronger supply chains, and even engage with consumers.
As always our virtual coffee discussion are led by the people joining us on the call on the day. There are lots of potential areas for discussion here including using IoT to support:
- Product quality: Replacing manual clipboards with digital dashboards can help create consistently high quality products. Wireless sensors suitable for use in challenging production environments are now readily available.
- Condition monitoring: sensors can record things like temperature or vibration 24/7, identifying trends over time and highlighting problems before equipment breaks down.
- Bottling: ensuring consistent fill levels in bottles, barrels or casks to retain a superior product, prevent spillage, and reduce environmental impact caused by wastage.
- Compliance: making it easier to carry out the monitoring needed to meet current regulations without compromising product quality.
- Environmental management: using IoT to support the transition away from traditional power sources and reduce carbon emissions
- Asset tracking and supply chains: generating efficiencies in logistics as products are moved throughout a distribution network
- Product integrity: for anti-counterfeiting and authenticity
- Customer engagement: for example, managing visitor footfall at visitor centres.
- Resilience and business continuity: IoT is helping transform traditional industries, where large amounts of expertise can be held by individuals in the workforce.
The chat takes place online using Zoom. Please register via Eventbrite. After you register, and before the event takes place, we’ll send you a calendar invite that includes the Zoom link.