NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
Register now and join us on 20 October to uncover the research report findings directly from the authors, award-winning telecoms and smart-city consultants, Intelligens Consulting.
With a focus on IoT in the public sector – in particular, how local authorities can use IoT to strengthen council services while reducing costs and increasing productivity – this webinar will explore the incorporation of IoT as part of a wider smart place/smart city strategy. Exemplar case studies of IoT in Scotland across a range of end markets will also be presented.
On the day, you will hear report recommendations that will help you overcome deployment barriers, make a commercial business case, understand the RoI achievable through investment in IoT, reduce exposure to risk, manage change, identify procurement strategies, and find partners to deliver your IoT solution.
This event will be of particular interest to:
- Chief Executives of local authorities interested smart city or smart place strategies
- Heads of Service who want to understand how IoT can deliver stronger local public services
- IT service leads interested in taking a first step into IoT or want to know how to scale up.
- Economic development staff interested in attracting and stimulate private sector investment and understand the social, economic and environmental benefits of IoT
- 14:00 Welcome and introduction, report author Iqbal Bedi, Intelligens Consulting
- 14:05 Opening remarks, Iain Stewart MP, Deputy Secretary of State for Scotland
- 14:15 Research report findings, Part 1, Iqbal Bedi
- 14:25 Use cases and examples of IoT applications in Scotland, Dr Stephen Milne, CENSIS
- 14:40 Accelerating IoT in Scotland, Alastair Rettie, North
- 14:55 Report research findings, Part 2, Iqbal Bedi
- 15:10 What role does space technology play in IoT adoption?, Allan Cannon, R3-IoT
- 15:20 Report research findings, Part 3, Iqbal Bedi
- 15:30 Final Q&A and wrap up
- 15:45 Event concludes
Please register via GoToWebinar.