NOTE: This event has now passed.View current events
Join CENSIS for a virtual coffee to connect with other companies, researchers and stakeholders working in the same space or with the same interests as you.
In this session, organised in partnership with the University of Abertay’s CyberQuarter, Scottish Enterprise, ScotlandIS and the Scotland 5G Centre, we’ll be talking about cyber security issues associated with the space sector.
This discussion will be led by Cade Wells, CENSIS’s Business Development Director. Joining Cade to set the scene for the discussion will be David Ferguson, Cyber Development Lead at ScotlandIS.
About this session
Making Scotland a world class place for the space sector – including manufacture, space access and satellite data processing – is a priority of the Scottish Government. Scotland’s dynamic and growing space sector focuses on a number of high-tech, high skill and research and development intensive areas, creating a Scottish space industry with great potential for further growth. According to the Scottish Government, almost one fifth of all UK jobs in the space sector are based in Scotland.
As our reliance on the space sector has grown – especially around satellites for communications, security and commerce – so have the risks, particularly around cybersecurity and the need to protect space assets.
Join us to chat about this subject, share opinions and connect with new people. As always the discussion is drive by you, but some of the topics we might cover includes:
- Current cyber security needs in the sector
- Identifying the major risks if no action is taken to develop new cyber solutions
- Opportunities for cyber products or solutions in this sector
- Challenges and barriers to developing or applying new solutions
- What does the cyber security community need to drive innovation in this sector
- Best practice methods
- Industry collaboration with colleges and universities and creating more scaling cyber companies in Scotland
This chat takes place on Zoom. Please register via Eventbrite.
After you register and before the event takes place, we’ll email you with a calendar invite attachment that contains the link to join the Zoom call.