Introducing ‘intelligence’ to UK infrastructure, both for electricity and natural gas distribution to deliver upgraded power quality and security.
- Improvements in condition monitoring at through the electricity grid and on wind, wave or tidal turbines
- Power resource monitoring, managing load during periods of high demand.
- Distributed sensing and control network for smart grid optimisation
- Using advanced machine vision on drones for power plant inspections or hotspots or breakages along power lines
- Ruggedised sensors for temperature, vibration, moisture, corrosion and pressure, to optimise maintenance or predicting issues such as leaks, faults or contamination
- Smart grid meters for water, electricity, and gas to collect usage information and run deeper analytics on the data to gain business intelligence
- Smart meters to track domestic energy use, allowing utility providers to predict demand and plan maintenance