Integrated technologies that look at how food is grown, livestock is managed or equipment is monitored–to enhancing food compliance and safety and managing natural resources. Benefits might include:
- Optimising crop growth and maximising crop yields – monitoring the weather and soil condition to optimise irrigation, predict disease risk, plan a harvest and reduce the volume of agri-chemicals required and waste created.
- Livestock monitoring – herd health and wellbeing, tracking location and assessing quality of vegetation grazed, managing automated feeding, controlling environments in enclosures and barns
- Tracking expensive, portable equipment and introducing autonomous drone technology.
- Maintenance – monitoring the condition of production equipment to minimise down-time for maintenance and repair.
- Compliance, safety, quality, provenance and authenticity recording in the food supply chain