After bringing you the online conference Scotland’s Countdown to COP26 in November 2020, CENSIS has once again teamed up with The Herald for another special, free, online conference focused on Scotland’s transition to net zero.
On 26 October 2021, Scotland’s contribution to COP26: a joined-up Just Transition will not only examine the speed and scale at which Scotland must move to tackle climate change, but also ensure that no-one is left behind in the process.
The conference is delivered by CENSIS in partnership with over 25 organisations from across Scotland.
As Scotland gets ready to welcome world leaders to Glasgow for the COP26 Summit, this event will spotlight Scotland’s efforts in tackling climate change to achieve net zero carbon emissions. These efforts also have benefits and opportunities to create a wealthier, healthier, and more equal society.
This free event will look at important just transition themes such as skills, circular economy, empowering young people, improving health outcomes and delivering sustainable economic growth to the Scottish economy.
Event partners include:
- CSIC – Construction Scotland Innovation Centre
- DHI – Digital Health and Care Innovation Centre
- Edinburgh Science Festival
- ESP Scotland
- ETP – Energy Technology Partnership
- Fuel Change
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- IBioIC – Industrial Biotechnology Innovation Centre
- KTN – Knowledge Transfer Network
- MASTS – Marine Alliance for Science and Technology in Scotland
- PMS-IC – Precision Medicine Scotland Innovation Centre
- PNDC – Power Networks Distribution Centre
- RIS – Research Innovation Scotland
- SAIC – Sustainable Aquaculture Innovation Centre
- Scottish Enterprise
- Scottish Funding Council
- Scottish Futures Trust
- SICSA – Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance
- South of Scotland Enterprise
- SULSA – Scottish Universities Life Science Alliance
- The Data Lab – Innovation Centre for data science and AI
- The Scotland 5G Centre
- The Scottish Government
- Zero Waste Scotland
Registration is open – join us for a full day of presentations, panel discussions, networking and debate.
Registration closes 25 October at 12:00